[SWFObject] Knocked Down a Notch

Susan Karasic karasicpark at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 2 19:41:46 PST 2006

I'm going to answer #s 1 and 2 of below:

1. swfObject is a code developed by Geoff Stearns to embed
Flash .swfs into a browser. It has the ability to workaround the
problems that Internet Explorer (version 7) has with embedding
Flash .swfs as well as many other features-such as integration with
Adobe's Express Install for Flash.

(I have found it's a very easy way to embed Flash in a page and offer
alternate content as well.)

2. Javascript is a coding language developed for the Internet Browser
environment.

Actionscript, up through  Actionscript 2 was developed for the Adobe
(formerly Macromedia) Flash Environment, specifically to be used
within the Flash Application. (although some people code it outside
of the Flash App) Actionscript 3, which is now becoming a standalone
application development language and can be used to write MXML files
without the Flash Application...but this is new. So, for you, for
now, for most web design purposes, Actionscript would be the language
you write code in within the Flash app and Javascript would be the
language you write code in within your html, or xhmtl document.

Best,

Susie K.