[SWFObject] Problem with SWFObject, ExternalInterface and Microsoft Windows Media Center

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Tue Nov 14 17:43:56 PST 2006

Well, I've used SWFObject in a couple of MCE apps, and all has been
fine.. but I'm not sure than any of them use the customviewport to
show fullscreen stuff, though.

That article that you linked made me think of something though:

In FP9, some code was added in to 'clean up' the swfs on the page
when the page unloads - if you are using external interface, the
Flash player inserts a function in the page... I actually ended up
rewriting the functions with SWFObject because they are a little
buggy - if you have more than one swf on the page you get an out of
memory error... but anyway...

what may work is this: try overwriting the functions that are
inserted into the page - you can see how to do this if you look at
the current swfobject code (ceck the uncompressed version) - this
replaces the functions with my own, but you could just replace them
with empty functions and see if that fixes it... the white screen
might be the leftover space that the swf is taking up after their
special script unloads it.

let me know if that doesn't fix it... i'm actually installing MCE in
parallels right now to do some testing of our old apps (and I seem to
remember another bug we had in a new MCE app that's just about
finished).