[SWFObject] Check if swf exists

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Thu Nov 16 11:50:10 PST 2006

it doesn't exist, and i'm not even sure it would be possible to
create something like that that would work reliably...

you could maybe do some sort of ajax call and check the response, but
if you get a 404 erorr (file not found) then you have to worry about
different 404 pages, or reading the http header...

sounds like not a lot of fun.

anyway, you shouldn't be embedding swfs if you don't know they exist
or not.