[SWFObject] SWFobject, IE7, wmode=opaque/transparent: Problems?

Micky Hulse micky at ambiguism.com
Tue Nov 21 12:57:17 PST 2006

Hi Kareem, many thanks for your quick response, I really appreciate your
help/input. :)

Kareem Kouddous wrote:
> I have run into problems with wmode=transparent/opaque and focus issues
> with flash - although this is not a SWFObject problem. Trying to set
> focus on the flash movie programmatically results in double keypress
> events being sent to the flash movie (but if you use the keyboard to
> focus this doesn't cause a problem).

Ahh, interesting. So, I assume if your wmode is set to default, then
your prob goes away... that is interesting. I can see how that might be
problematic, esp. for something like Flash-based forms and inputs.

> What are the details of the problems that you are running into?

Actually, none at the moment. But I have been highly advocating the use
of SWFobject and wmode on a major forum on the web, and I just want to
make sure my advice is sound. A lot of folks have problems with (d)html
menus and Flash... The solution is wmode opaque/transparent, but I have
not done much testing with that mode in conjunction with SWFobject in IE7.

Anyway, thanks again for the info. I appreciate your time. :)

Cheers,
Micky

--
  Wishlist: <http://snipurl.com/vrs9>