[SWFObject] Getting variables stored in Flash

Lee Benson ljb21183 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 22 07:56:33 PDT 2006

Hi,

Is there any Javascript function available that get at a variable stored WITHIN
an SWF file?

I have a custom made MP3 player that stores a "VarCurrentTime" variable
interally in a Flash movie to track how long the sound has been playing.

With a standard <object> implementation, I can get at that usually via a
call to document.getElementbyId("FlashObj").GetVariable("VarCurrentTime")
(although this only works in IE and FireFox-- Safari doesn't seem to like
it, which is why I started hunting for the SWFObject implementation in
the first place).

Is there any way to get at those internal variables with SWFObject?

Thanks, Lee.