[SWFObject] SWF Object Doesn't want to work for me...

Luke DeWitt luke.dewitt at penguinfire.com
Mon Oct 23 05:50:19 PDT 2006

Hey Everyone...

I have a flash app running inside of a JSR-168 portlet...

This is my code...

<script type="text/javascript">

var so = new SWFObject("${pageContext.request.contextPath}/flash/Spinner.swf", "spin", "535", "429", "7", "#ffffff");
so.addParam("quality", "high");
so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
so.addParam("salign", "t");
so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
so.write("spinner");

</script>

The app works fine, shows up and all, but I get the box surrounding it on the outside.

There is also a flash "ad" running directly beside it that is not using SWF object (at the moment), so for now it is okay to have the outline (or whatever you want to call it) showing up for the moment...

This page is inside of an iFrame... outside of this iFrame I have a Flash menubar running, not currently working with SWF Object because the "onBlur" functionality isn't cooperating.

When I have more than a single flash movie running at a time, could this 'break' the SWFObject javascript?

Thanks for any replies!

--LD