[SWFObject] swfs duplicating and moving up and over at same time

Brave Boat NET shipwrecked at braveboat.net
Mon Oct 30 09:44:19 PST 2006

We are still having quite a problem with our swfs duplicating themselves before the web visitor departs the page.

If y ou're on the Welcome page for example,   you see everything fine.  The 2 videos streaming in on the right side of the page are fine.

When  you click the Flash navigation on the right (Staff button for example) you see the 2 videoclips on the Welcome page reload themselves but much higher up the page and about 20 px to the left of their normal positions!

Here's the actionscript from the STAFF button, in our .swf file:

on (release) {
 getURL(url);
getURL("staff.html");

}

In our HTML on the Welcome page we have a little function that reads
<script language="JavaScript">

function getURL(url)

{

            document.getElementById(“flashwelcome”).innerHTML = “”;

           window.location = url;

}

</script>

 Does anyone know why we are having this problem?  We are running IE 7.

Thanks for your kind assistance, anyone who can help us.

carol