[SWFObject] problem with salign (or is it Stage?)

Benek Lisefski benek at lisefski.com
Mon Oct 23 17:41:36 PDT 2006

The current version of my site looks like: http://www.nzography.com/
The black square aligned with top left of screen and map centered.

I've tried to switch to using SWFObject and I'm having a problem. It now
looks like this is Firefox: http://www.nzography.com/v2/index.html. The
black square is not not aligned with top left of screen (if your screen
is not large it doesn't show at all!) and the map is not centered. Works
fine in IE.

All of the parameters are the same as they were before. At first I
though the salign param was not working correctly as it appears that it
is now aligned bottom right instead of topleft. After further
investigation, I'm thinking maybe the flash movie is now not reading
Stage.width and Stage.height correctly? Or it it a scaling problem? I
have scale set to noscale in both the old and new versions.

Since using SWFObject something has changed that is causing my site to
display incorrectly in Firefox. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply to benek[at]lisefski[dot]com
--
Benek Lisefski
www.benekdesign.com <http://www.benekdesign.com>