[SWFObject] SWFAddress and Flex 2

Rostislav Hristov rostislav.hristov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:53:14 PDT 2006

> awesome... i have been working on my own version, but i hit some
> issues with it, and was talking to kevin newman (the guy who wrote
> the unfocus history keeper version) to try and get him to update it
> to add a couple of features I wanted.

Thanks! The trick is well known and a dedicated version for Flash can
improve lots of websites.

> it looks like you nailed all the features, though... page title, link
> + back button that is.

So far these seem to work well in my IE and FF, but a few more browser
versions and flash players should be tested.

> it would be cool to make it work (at least partially) in safari...
> kevin came up with a way of checking the history.length to see when
> the user navigates in safari, so maybe you could work some of that in?

I can isolate the features that get broken in Safari and Opera so that
they can be added lately if they're doable.

> another thing to consider, is building SEO stuff into this... ideally
> the site would be fully indexable by google and also mobile devices
> that don't support flash or javascript as well... any plans on
> working on stuff in that area?

Probably some serverside code will have to come in for google indexing
and non-js clients. User agent detection or url rewriting should be
investigated. It's an interesting topic for me and I'm open for
discussions :)