[SWFObject] Mac - Safari - Firefox - Express Install

Duncan Reid duncan.reid at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 08:42:31 PDT 2006

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered, i've just gone through the archives and
nothing really came up.  I'm attempting to setup express install and it's
working on all the PC's I've tested but it's not "finishing" on the Mac in
Safari or Firefox.  It's actually going through the motions, downloading the
player, seemingly installing it but then the dialog box goes away and it
just sits there.  I figured I might have to restart the browser but that
didn't help, it just takes me right back to the express install frame.

Also when it seems to be completed and the dialog goes away, the status bar
in the browser is still displaying:

"transferring data from fpdownload.macromedia.com "

but there is no redirect and it just seems like the player is not
installing.

I only have 1 mac to test this on and i'm hoping it's just this machine or
possibly something i'm doing wrong for the mac specifically

Specs & Information:

OS: 10.4.6
Safari: 2.0.3
Firefox: 1.5.0.6

Test URL:
http://www.hy-brid.com/testing/ei/

Testing Files:
http://www.hy-brid.com/testing/ei/ei-test.zip

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Dunc