[SWFObject] Detect missing Flash Player and Auto-Install latest Flash Player

WASouthPNT at aol.com WASouthPNT at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 04:54:02 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I have been using SWFObject for months now.  But some of my clients have
always complained that my pages cannot detect missing Flash Player and do a
seemless install of the latest Flash Player.

I have been searching the blogs and email lists and have looked at
ExpressInstall but that seems to address upgrading the Flash Player.   My case is where
there has never been a Flash Player on the client machine.

I apologize for my ignorance, can someone show me an example (if one exists)
that uses the SWFObject to Auto-Install the latest Flash Player if one never
existed.

Again, my picky clients do not want to be redirected to Adobe website and
have to manually click around to install the player.  They want a seamless behind
the scene solution that detects that there is no player installed, then
auto-installs the player and then brings up the page normally as if the player was
already installed.

Any help is much appreciated.
-Wyatt