[SWFObject] super super noob question about SWFObject addVariable

luc perillat lucperillat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 02:27:00 PDT 2006

Sorry, I've posted a wrong reply adress
this is the good one :
lucperillat at gmail.com

Hello...
Thanks for the work made on swfObject...

I'm very new to all the scripts language I use in a photographer
portofolio  site I'm working on.
I use php & mysql to retreive a list of datas (jpg files and other
stuff )formated in xml.
I use a php session array to stock the value of the generated xml.

I'd like to pass the generated xml to the swf file using addvariable
from SWFObject.

to do so, I wrote this :
(I also use the scriptaculos lib, that's the raison why you'll see $
('bloc_album') in the following lines)

<script>
	function lp_show(){
		$('bloc_album').style.display='block';
			// <![CDATA[
					var so = new SWFObject("site/tf_portfolio00.swf",
"tf_portfolio00", "618", "600", "7", "#252525");
					so.addVariable("sujet", <?php $_SESSION['t'] ?>); // this is
where I would like to pass the xml datas to the .swf
					so.write("album_reportages");

			// ]]>
	}
	function lp_hide(){
		$('bloc_album').style.display='none';
	}
</script>

You could see the "working on" version of the site at :
ha-lala.com/sierpinski/

May be the wrong place to post this question?
if it is, you could tell me where to post...

thanks

:)

Luc Perillat
ha-lala