[SWFObject] A couple of issues

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Mon Sep 4 15:42:15 PDT 2006

i'm not sure then, normally that error is when you try to publish the
swf as as1 instead of as2...

if that's not the case, then you'll probably need to post the source
code somewhere for people to look at, or start comparing it to my
demo file and see where yours is different.

On Sep 4, 2006, at 11:03 AM, James Payne wrote:

> I did Geoff, that's why I cant figure out where the problem is coming
> from.

> On 4 Sep 2006, at 15:16, Geoff Stearns wrote:
>
>> you need to publish your movie as AS2.0
>>

>> On Sep 4, 2006, at 7:24 AM, James Payne wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> I'm new here and have been trying to implement the SWFObject script
>>> into my site. It all appears to be working fine except for the
>>> following error that pops up in my flash output panel when testing
>>> the file:
>>>
>>> **Error** /Users/james/Documents/ WORK/ Web Work/BluNT CreATiVE/
>>> flash/
>>> expressinstall.as: Line 31: '{' expected
>>>       var ExpressInstall = function():Void {
>>>
>>> **Error** /Users/james/Documents/ WORK/ Web Work/BluNT CreATiVE/
>>> flash/
>>> expressinstall.as: Line 34: Unexpected '}' encountered
>>>       }
>>>
>>> Total ActionScript Errors: 2 	 Reported Errors: 2
>>>

>>> I'm using version 1.4 although......* expressinstall.as v1.0 -
>>> http://
>>> blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/..........appears at the top of the