[SWFObject] Passing vars between swfs of different FlashVersions

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Mon Sep 25 07:08:32 PDT 2006

You don't need to use 2 files like this.

swfobject will do all the player detection (you should set it to look
for version 8, since your main swf uses that)

then if you want to use expressinstall, you need to add in the
expressinstall.as code to the first frame of your main swf and add
the 'true' argument after you set the color in the swfobject
constructor.

if you are having issues, take a look at the example that comes with
swfobject - the fla and the expressinstall.html page.