[SWFObject] Passing vars between swfs of different FlashVersions

Dominik Stankowski swfobject at stankowski.ch
Mon Sep 25 07:35:51 PDT 2006

Hi all

thank you for all your support. It sounds logical to me not to have two
files but anyway I had some problems, either with the param-passing or
with the look on older Flash Players.

This afternoon I could solve them: I transfered one of the files to
Flash Professional MX 2004 and published it for Flash 7. From this
moment on everything worked fine, the parameters were passed correctly
and the Flash Movie showed up the right way in all Flash Players from
Flash 6.65 to Flash 9.

I do not know if the problems I had before were caused by Flash 9.0?
When I started my old Flash Professional MX 2004 it asked me to do an
automatic updated to Flash Player 9.0 which I refused. Probably I had
the same update in Flash Professional 8 but I am not sure. I just know
that some problems were linked to this Flash version.

Thank you very much for your help. I think I've lost more than one day
with this problem but I am glad that I finally made it.

Cheers,
Dominik