[SWFObject] Strange Problem in Firefox

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Tue Apr 25 12:31:38 PDT 2006

wmode=transparent usually costs you a heft bit of performance
tradeoff... so you should only use it if you really have to.

wmode=opaque will also let you layer things on top of the flash
movie, but with less of a performance hit, since the browser won't
have to handle the transparency stuff.

it's still a fairly buggy thing to work with layering flash movies on
things, or under things though, and there are many quirks, so it's
always tough to get things working correctly.