[SWFObject] ComboBoxes do not work

Ryan Boyd marketing at languagesystems.com
Fri Dec 8 17:07:27 PST 2006

Answering my own question here:

It is not a SWFObject problem (of course!), it is a Flash issue (or a
"Ryan's ignorance issue"). Rather than retype the solutions I offer this
link to livedocs:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/h
tml/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004
<http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/
html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00002139.html>
&file=00002139.html , scroll down to the third comment or so and keep going
for a bunch of ideas.

The problem is when you load in an external swf with combos, Flash needs you
to tell it where to look for how to open the combo; I just put
"this._lockroot = true;" in my loaded swf's AS, but there are some more
robust solutions offered in the link if you read through it. I bet there are
some other components that will affected by this issue, so it is good to
know.

Cheers,

Ryan

  _____