[SWFObject] Refreshing page before Flash movie appears

Daniel Klein danielklein at airpost.net
Tue Jun 27 22:00:37 PDT 2006

Hi Geoff,

The page works fine without having to click on it. However, I am not
having any problems with pages loaded by SWFObject needing activation
(such as the link you sent me). SWFObject is working properly. Using
Opera 9 I have been to a few sites not using any method of
"preactivating" and they now require a click to activate the same as in
IE. I have attached a screenshot from www.streets.com.au  I anticipate
that as soon as I make the changes in my code suggested by Colin that my
(friend's) site will work perfectly in all current browsers. I should be
able to change it in about 4 hours from the time of this post when I get
home from work :)

To clarify my previous email,
http://www.caveboy.com.au/test/bliptest4.html is the old code before I
discovered SWFObject, http://www.caveboy.com.au/test/loadtest4.html is