[SWFObject] wmode=transparent

Michael Krisher lists at mikekrisher.com
Wed May 10 11:04:51 PDT 2006

I just ran into popups not working in IE and through a search found
the culprit was wmode=transparent. After some rethinking I realized I
didn't need it for anything and think I left it in originally because
it was in one of the examples I was looking at to learn SWFObject. I
am redirecting users that don't have the plug-in, and I don't need to
knock out the background of my Flash movie.

Would wmode be needed in anyway if I were not redirecting and was
simply going to replace static content with Flash content should a
user have the plugin?

Thanks,
-- Mike