[SWFObject] wmode=transparent

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Wed May 10 11:16:10 PDT 2006

the only time you should use wmode = transparent is if you need to
place something behind your flash movie... or need it to be otherwise
transparent.

if you want to place stuff on top of the flash movie (but not
behind), you should use wmode = opaque, because the performance is
much better than transparent...

wmode = transparent also takes a good chunk of cpu time to run, so
turning that off will improve your swf performance.