[SWFObject] Streaming video not buffering

Aran Rhee aran.rhee at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:21:34 PDT 2006

(hmmm. I sent this yesterday, but it never appeared on the list - here is
post attempt #2)

Mike.

I did see exactly what you were describing on 1st view in IE, but I
rechecked, and now IE doesn't show the controller. I cleared my cache etc to
see if it was a caching issue, but no difference....So ???

Are you sure that IE is getting the netStream onStatus events you're using
to make it appear?

Have you run your FLV through something like : http://www.buraks.com/flvmdi/
to make sure all the correct metadata etc is in the file. I know heaps of
people have issues with malformed metadata in FLVs which cause unexpected
behaviour in the player.

The onMouseMove init controls stuff should still be working though, so
hmmmm...

Without using SWFObject, I am still getting the same issues (in IE), so I
think you should probably re-examine you .swf

The below behaves the same for me (works in firefox, not in IE):

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.ca
b#version=7,0,19,0" width="480" height="270" title="player">
  <param name="movie" value="art_player.swf" />
  <param name="quality" value="high" />
  <param name="flashvars" value="videofile=john campbell-jon-tddc-video.flv"
/>
  <embed src="art_player.swf" flashvars="videofile=john
campbell-jon-tddc-video.flv" quality="high"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="270"></embed>
</object>

Aran