[SWFObject] detection script issue with Flash 9.0.16 and IE 6.0.2900

Rick Chasin rchasin at designrac.com
Fri Nov 10 13:31:15 PST 2006

Let me be specific about this issue. The problems are all occurring in a
corporate environment, where all pc's are controlled by the IT dept and
have a standard load. Perhaps they have blocked javascript somehow in
this instance, although the player works fine once they get in the
application. In my own case, it may be solved with an uninstall of the
player. I haven't had time today to try that yet.

On 11/10/2006 3:17:33 PM, Geoff Stearns (geoff at deconcept.com) wrote:
 > How frequently has it been happening?
 >
 > Most of the time when I hear about it,
 > it's a Flash developer asking about it, which leads me to believe
they screwed up their Flash Player when switching to older plugins for
testing...

 > Also: There are a number if extremely high traffic sites that use
SWFObject - YouTube and NBC.com's